Thursday, September 11, 2008

Recommendations

I just wanted to point out some cool things I've found on the web recently. First, the two new blogs I added to my watch list. Elizabeth hooked me up with the 'Seriously, So Blessed' blog. It's hilarious! It pretty much exaggerates every annoying thing about Mormon culture and packages it in one neat little blog! Just a warning, if you're not Mormon you probably won't get it.

Second on the new blog list is the 365crockpot blog. This lady decided (why, I do not know) to cook something in her crockpot every day for 1 year. She posts all of her recipes she finds, as well as her review of them, on a daily basis. Some of the recipes look awesome, and I can't wait to try them. My coworker said that the lady kind of looks like a crack-pot in her picture, but I think she just looks really excited about slow cooker cooking. Which maybe is the same thing, I don't know.

Another cool thing I found is this class action website: http://www.listclassaction.com/ Basically, TransUnion (one of the three big credit bureaus) recently agreed to settle a class action lawsuit. Although the court has to finalize it, TU has agreed that as part of the multi-million dollar settlement they will provide 6 to 9 months of free credit monitoring to consumers, in the form of unlimited access to the TransUnion version of your credit report AND credit score. This is awesome for anyone who is just curious about their score and for anyone who is watching their credit. I am looking to buy a house in the next year, so this will really help me out. You have to sign up by 9/24, so if you're interested look into it soon.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'll have to check out that crock pot blog - thanks for the heads- up :). And am I allowed to comment on a blog entry in the wrong place? Because your Facebook blog made me laugh - I have several people I want to de-friend and I just can't bring myself to do it because I'm afraid I'll pop up in their "people you may know" bar and then they would realize I de-friended them and might take it personally...

Christi said...

Hi Amy! My brother told me that you can put your settings in Facebook to not include certain friends in your newsfeed. That way they are still your friend but are more off your radar. I haven't figured it out yet though...

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm glad you like "seriously so blessed" - it cracks me up!