In one of my earlier posts I made the comment that I cannot flirt to save my life. I found out today that this isn't necessarily true.
I was at the post office looking confused at my options, or at least I imagine that I looked confused, because I was. Someone came up behind me and asked if I needed help. I most certainly did. I turned around, and there right before my eyes was the hottest postal worker I have ever seen. I won't go into the boring details, but he helped me pick from my shipping options, found me an envelope, chastised me for procrastinating my mothers birthday gift, and was basically incredibly adorable.
Now here's the weird part: At one point I heard myself giggling at something he said. Now those of you who know me (and really, who else would be reading this?) know that I am not a giggler. I can't even tell you the last time it happened. Once I realized this had happened I was completely mortified! It didn't matter, I kept flirting and giggling, and I'm sure there was a hair toss or two in there somewhere. After I left I found myself trying to come up with an excuse to go to the post office again very soon.
So I guess I can flirt, I just typically choose not to. I guess I don't like flirting because it seems fake and makes me feel ridiculous. I'm too prideful to flirt! Except when I'm caught off guard by a hot mailman. Anyone have anything they need mailed?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago

4 comments:
I'm so proud of you! Way to flirt! Are you in Detroit or SLC now? Or still back and forth? I only can talk at night now (new phone plan). I'll call you soon.
I'm too prideful to flirt sometimes too. But we need to get over it. Don't be embarrassed when you giggle! The thing is, you were giggling for real with the post office guy, you weren't "trying" to flirt. So maybe that's the key - just let it come naturally! :) When it does, don't suppress it.
Yeah...the problem is it comes naturally about once every two years. There is only one guy I can think of that I am consistently okay flirting with, and if he and I were going to be together we would be by now. So I don't know. Maybe I'll just stalk the guy at the post office. I'm sure that will turn out well.
Hey Steph! I'm still back and forth, but mostly in Detroit. Yeah call me at night sometime. I'm usually up pretty late, so if you have to call after 9:00 your time it's totally fine!
Post a Comment