Monday, October 26, 2009

The ethics of stealing halloween candy

Some of you may know that I now have step-children. They live with their mom, and stay with us every other weekend. Which means that when we take them to the ward trunk or treat and they leave the candy at our house, they aren't there to guard it.

I took a piece from Brayden's bag, justifying it to myself that he probably didn't like that kind anyway (he's an extremely picky eater, so trust me, he probably doesn't like it. I'm just saying). Then I told myself that it wasn't fair to take one from his and not the others. And I'm all about fairness. So I took one from each of the other bags. Can you see the slippery slope I'm on here?

They are coming over on Wednesday. Hopefully I won't have taken enough of their candy for them to notice. I doubt I will be that strong.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

You might have to make a run to Walgreens to refill their bags before Wednesday. I'm not judging.

Katherine said...

I can't judge, either. If it was me, that candy'd be gone in a heartbeat!