Sunday, June 29, 2008

Confessions of a Cougar

***Disclaimer*** I am definitely not trying to make this blog solely about guys and dating. I do have other interests in life, it's just that you have to admit that guys and dating make for good reading!

Today at church there was an extremely hot guy sitting on the bench behind me. I noticed Elizabeth talking to him, so later on I wrote her a note (yes, I'm 28 and still writing notes in Church) asking her how old he was, and she informed me that he is 19. Her exact words were "19!!! Ha!" Then she said, "He's over 18. Go for it Cougar!"

Is this what my life has come to? It seems like all of the guys I want to date are younger than me. I guess a few years doesn't matter, but when they start hitting 23 or 22 (let alone 19), I start to get worried. Worried that is, until I came across this AMAZING article on MSN.com. Apparently, I'm not even considered a Cougar until the guy is around 15 years younger than me. Considering that in Michigan, the legal age is 16, I couldn't even date anyone young enough to make me a Cougar. At least not without going to jail. Also, according to the article, being a Cougar is really awesome and every woman should try it. So there you go. 19 year-old, here I come!

4 comments:

Steph said...

You go for it Cougar! Why not? He might be the one! And being a cougar is better than being a ute, just ask your dad. :)

Monica said...

i already have dibs on him...sorry!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Ha! I love it! He really is a cute guy, and he's not going on his mission till December! Will you wait for him? ;)

Katherine said...

I think that some of my pick up lines would really come in handy when going for the younger men...