I don't know if any of you read 'The Explainer' on slate.com. Every week or so they answer a somewhat shallow question about a current phenomenom in the news. For example, when that kid in Arizona killed his father they had an article on the best way to interrogate a child in order to get the truth. Or when the Large Hadron Collider was turned on in Switzerland, they explained what would happen if you fall into a black hole.
Each year, at the end of the year, they post a list of questions that they just couldn't get to. Readers vote on the question that they think is most deserving of an answer, and then The Explainer writes an article answering the question. It's pretty funny to read some of the questions people come up with, and to try to think of what the answer would be. Some of the funniest ones I've posted below.
1. Could you please explain why it is that squirrels are capable of such amazing athletic feats? What is it about their brains and, to a lesser degree, their bodies that allows it? I watch them at my house and have seen some amazing things.
2. I am an 11-year-old boy and girls in my class harass me constantly and I want to file a restraining order against one of them. Is that possible?
3. If one gets a personal e-mail from a very famous or important person, such as the president, or the queen of England, or the Pope, or Paul McCartney, can that e-mail have monetary value? I guess not. It's just an electronic transmission on a screen. There's no original. There's no way to buy or sell it. Seems a shame tho.
4. Why do all of the deli guys and food cart guys call me "Boss" (well, me and everyone else)?
5. If you were on a boat, what signs do sharks give if they are hungry and will attack versus if they just want to swim around the boat?
6. I have been accused of assault in Ohio. The woman fell over a box in the hall backward, and my brother opened the door, saw her lying there, and started hitting me. I got him down and held him down. It was all over a fight concerning my niece. What do you think will happen?
So, which of these do you think it deserving of an answer? And do you have an answer for any of these questions?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago

1 comment:
HA! These questions are hilarious!! I'm going to miss you!! Have fun in Utah and have a very Merry Christmas! I'm glad I'll be able to keep up on your life through your blog!
Post a Comment