7. My vote - lets be honest, it really doesn't count.
6. The fact that your vote doesn't really count could actually be a good thing if you're one of the many who vote for the political candidate that their favorite celebrity supports. (Me, I do pretty much whatever Oprah tells me to, so...).
5. Debate moderators encouraging candidates to jump down the other's throat. It may make for good entertainment, but I have no desire to watch the future president of the United States act like a teenage girl competing for head cheerleader. I want to know what you're going to do in office, not how stupid you think the other guy is. Ok, I'm kind of going to go off on a tangent here, but last year I went to a presentation of a former U.S. Senator. He expressed his disgust at the way politicians have turned to personal attacks. In his day (1950's to 1980's) you disagreed with someone's politics, but you still had respect for that person. Why can't we go back to that? I'm so tired of having to feel defensive of my opinion. I'm an intelligent human being who makes informed choices. If you are the same and happen to make a choice opposite from mine, I respect that. So please do the same for me.
4. This whole two party system just doesn't work for me. Let's get some more options in there.
3. Name dropping. It just happened in the debate I'm watching. I don't care that Henry Kissenger is on your speed dial. What is YOUR opinion. And on a slightly different note, I highly doubt that Biden was filling up with gas the other day and had a conversation with an average Joe about how much it cost to fill up his tank. Commence with the eye-roll.
2. Candidates who keep repeating untruths about the other side's campaign long after it has been proven to be false. This is rampant on both sides.
1. A quick browse of factcheck.org tells me that I can't believe a single thing either side says in their commercials, speeches, or debates. So what's the point?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago

1 comment:
I love politics, but I totally understand your frustration. It's hard to know who to believe! I am looking forward to this election being over. But at the same time, like I said I do love politics so part of me is really enjoying it :)
Post a Comment